- Maintain a planned servicing and preventative maintenance programme across the site.
- Undertake repairs of electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment.
- Respond to breakdowns & complete repairs in timely manner taking account of production schedules.
- Make periodic inspections of equipment to find defects before breakdowns occur.
- Diagnose problems and then complete repair or arrange replacement as required.
- Diagnose & replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic components of machines &equipment.
- Liaise with Purchasing Team regarding the purchase of necessary materials from approved suppliers at best price.
- Communicate with production supervisors and keep them updated on progress of repair jobs.
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements and assist with implementation of company procedures and standards.
- Monitor employees work performance regarding correct use of plant and equipment and adherence to safe systems of work.
- Keep Maintenance Supervisor & General Manager advised of plant, machinery and equipment failures that require production downtime for maintenance work.
- Ensure all servicing and maintenance records are maintained.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Maintenance Supervisor & General Manager.
|• Qualifications & Experience||18th Edition qualified (or equivalent) and 3 years’ experience in a similar Role Experience of repair and maintenance of Plasma Cutting, Press Brake and Welding Equipment would be of benefit.|
|• Skills, Competencies & Circumstances:||Effective organisation, planning & time management ability, Ability to demonstrate accuracy & efficiency in work tasks, Exceptionally well developed interpersonal & communication skills, Desire to own decisions and take responsibility, Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player, Willingness to work flexible hours|