- Act as customer liaison for cost enquiries, developing and providing quotes for existing and new customers within the
- Analyse engineering drawings and specifications to prepare time, materials, overheads and labour costs to formulate
estimates for repeat and new products.
- Consult with personnel in other departments e.g. sales, purchasing, production and customer accounts, to discuss and
address influencing factors and implement necessary changes/adjustments to estimates.
- Establish material quantities and ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate, up-to-date and reflect current
- Maintain standard costs for high volume products and ensure timely response to customer enquiries.
- Develop and utilise effective estimating methodologies and tools, with appropriate software models and packages to
prepare accurate and reliable data.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, by tracking actual costs relative to estimates and complete the estimating lifecycle through to product sales.
- Maintain cost monitoring and reporting systems to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Liaise with the customer accounts, sales & production to ensure cost quotes are provided timely to the customer and
production are able to meet the delivery schedule
- Work collaboratively with the customer to meet urgent requirements e.g. breakdowns, and communicate with the
Quality Engineer regarding any customer complaints.
- Develop activities in cost estimating, work with purchasing to achieve full stock control and take a proactive
approach towards business improvements.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Senior Management Team
Day Shift Shift Hours:
- Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Friday 8:00am – 2:00pm
|Secondary education including 5 passes at GCSE level
A – D including Maths and English or equivalent
|Relevant Experience / Knowledge
|Skills and Competencies