- Act as customer liaison for receiving cost enquiries, resolving queries and developing cost quotes.
- Analyse product drawings and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, overheads and labour costs to incorporate into estimates.
- Consult with personnel in other departments e.g. manufacturing, programming, sales and purchasing, to discuss and formulate estimates, address influencing factors, understand and implement changes/adjustments to cost estimates.
- Establish material quantities and ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate, up-to-date and reflect current manufacturing practices.
- Develop standard costs for high volume products and ensure timely response to customer enquiries.
- Develop and agree effective estimating methodologies and synthetics.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products or services, by tracking actual costs relative to estimates.
- Maintain cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures with a focus on cost savings where possible.
- Liaise with the Customer Account Managers, sales & production to ensure order quotes are provided timely to the customer and that production are able to meet the delivery schedule.
- Work collaboratively with the customer to meet urgent requirements e.g. breakdowns and communicate with the Quality Engineer regarding any customer complaints.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Senior Managers / Managing Directors.
Day Shift Shift Hours:
- Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Friday 8:00am – 2:00pm
|Relevant Experience / Knowledge|
|Skills and Competencies|